Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pregnancy Prayer Request

I went to the doctors today. I could use your prayers.

BP 122/74
Wt---down 1 pound. Total weight is now 19 pounds.

Measuring----this is where I could use your prayers. I am 33 weeks and 4 days. I measured 36 weeks. The midwife wants me to go for an ultrasound. It was going to be next week but when I started crying she told her medical assistant to get me in this week. The midwife told me 3 different times that she is not worried (I told her I wanted her to be upfront and honest with me). She said it could be: 1- I am carrying high up. 2- baby's position or 3- I am just having a little sumo wrestler. Of course I have googled it and found other reasons too. I am trying not to think of those things.

While to most people measuring big wouldn't bother them, the nurse part of me freaked out. I worked for 5 years on the surgical floor at the hospital. If something went wrong with a pregnancy then they would send the patients to our floor to recover. I heard or saw too many broken hearts (one was too many).

There is a saying, ignorance is bliss. With Zachary I actually had atleast 3 ultrasounds at the end. I am trying to remember why. I think it was because I was on heart medication. I am not on any now.

Fear-----it knows how to get a hold of me. I am trying to rest in God's peace. I know that Nicholas is ultimately in His hands and belongs to Him.

So please pray for us. The ultrasound in Friday, August 14th at 12:30 pm.

No comments: