Saturday, August 8, 2009

33 Weeks!!!

It has been a while since I posted a picture of me and my belly. So here is a picture I took on Thursday....


I went to the doctor's a week and half ago. I never update my stats from that visit. I figured I should since I am now on visits every other week and go again this Wednesday (which happens to be CJ's 16th birthday!!!!).

Visit on July 29th
BP 116/60-----my blood pressure is better now than before I got pregnant!
Wt gain---4 pounds. Total weight gain is 20 from my first doctor's visit. If you count from the day I found I was pregnant than it would be 14 since I lost 6 pounds from morning sickness before I saw the doctor.
Measuring on target. I measured 32 weeks and I was 31 weeks and 5 days.

The only thing that was of concern to the midwife was the fact that I am "very anemic" (as she put it). I am taking 2 iron pills and a multivitamin a day. She said it is very important I get that numbers up before my c-section.

I am starting to get anxious about the c-section. I have cried many a times through the pregnancy because I wish I could VBAC. However, the hospitals around here don't allow them and the closest hospital that does is----on a good day----atleast a 45-50 drive. That is, without rush our traffic. I decided not to do that hospital for 2 main reasons. 1---I felt it was a little to far to drive doing a VBAC due to the possibility of uterine rupture. 2--The other reason was I was afraid I would go through the whole pregnancy and then end up with a c-section anyway. Then I would be further from home and it would be harder for Chris to get the kids back and forth.

I was just talking to a dear friend tonight and I was telling her about how I have been upset still about the c-section. She reminded me again that I need to focus on the end result and not how Nicholas gets here. I told her that I do know that either way--nature or c-section----I know I would be anxious. If I did a VBAC then I would be worried all the way through labor of rupture. The c-section.....I am just sick of surgeries and I had an awful first day when I had Zachary, I don't want history to repeat itself. The nurses did tell me Thursday that my doctor's patients do "very well" after a section. That is reassuring.

I will try hard to update after Wednesday's doctors visit.

No comments: