Thursday, August 27, 2009

Menu Planning-----Assignment 2

Toni over at The Happy Housewife is continuing her series on Menu Planning. Since I do menu plan, I thought I would join in. I am sure though that Toni could still teach me a thing or two.

This week's assignment was to come up with side dishes for our meals. This is something I already have. It could use some revising so I will take this opportunity to do so. Here is what I have so far:

Lunch Sides:
Fries
Fruit---whatever I have on hand that the kids didn't eat during healthy snack time or breakfast.
Chips---I don't do this one too often.
Veggie---carrots, cucumber
Pudding---this is to be eaten after the main component of their lunch.

Dinner Sides:
Egg Noodles
Rice
Veggie Platter---raw veggies--green & red peppers, cucumbers with or without dip
Salad
Chicken Flavored Rice----this would be the pre-packaged rice from Lipton
Mashed Potatoes
Red Potatoes---when I say red potatoes I mean potatoes with tomato sauce, onions and garlic. This is a delicious way to make a roast.
Baked Potatoes

Not sure what to add to the lunch sides. You know what I noticed about my dinner menu....veggies are missing. Yes, we do have veggies. But for some reason I did not put them on my list. So here are some sides I left off my original list:

Corn
Corn-on-the cob---summer time favorite
Green beans
Potato salad---summer time favorite
Pasta Salad
Watermelon
Chips---on grill night the kids will sometimes have chips with their hamburg or hot dog.
Carrots
Olives
Stuffing

I am sure I am still missing things. But one of the great things about having my Master List on the computer is I can go in and update it and print off a new one.

3 comments:

The Happy Housewife said...

I love potato salad, but I never make it! I need to make it some time. I wonder if my kids would eat it.
Toni
http://thehappyhousewife.com

Allison said...

I didn't think about making a different list of sides for lunch and dinner. Great idea! I have different meal lists, so I need to go back and do that.

You have a wonderful list! We love those Lipton rice sides at our house. So easy and yummy!

Hoosier Homemade said...

Your list looks great! Thanks for sharing!
~Liz