Monday, August 17, 2009

Menu Monday---August 17th


We didn't get to grocery shopping on Friday due to a busy day. I did pick up a few things to get us through the weekend. We are going today. I am trying to eat as much as possible out of the pantry the rest of the week so we shouldn't need much at the market.

We are doing pretty good with the budget. This month seem to work out pretty good. I am going over numbers to see how we offically did. I know we did lower our grocery bill and we haven't starved with me only getting what I need at the market weekly. I have also found that I am throwing less food away (is there anything worse than throwing away food that expired or went bad because people didn't know it was there.).

Here's our menu for the week, which we start on Saturday's.

Saturday
OYO
Yogurt smoothies (big hit!)
Pizza Night!! Take out

Sunday
Banana bread---from the freezer
Grilled cheese with apples
Tacos, rice and veggies

Monday
Cereal
PB & J with a fruit (Zachary will make)
Grill Night---Hamburgs or Hot dogs, Pasta Salad, Corn on the cob

Tuesday
Oatmeal (Zachary will make)
Pasta Fazole
Family Night at a baseball game. Cookout included : )

Wednesday
LaMuffins (egg sandwich with turkey bacon on a english muffin)
Chicken Patty sandwich with fries
Hot Chicken, egg noodles, corn

Thursday
Pancakes (Zachary will make)
BLTs
Chicken and Broccoli over Pasta

Friday
Blueberry Muffins
Mac & Cheese (Zachary will make)
Cooks choice (after what I am sure will be a long afternoon of grocery shopping)

As you can see, Zachary is my resident kitchen helper.


Head on over to I'm an Organizing Junkie for more Monday Menu Plans.

No comments: