Monday, January 19, 2009

Menu Monday


I am not sure what this week is going to bring. Chris, my hubby, is having surgery tomorrow. He is having a deviated septum repaired. I had this done when I was 18 and I was miserable. I had my tonsils out at the same time so hopefully that is what made the difference.

I have tried freezing some breakfast food that the kids can just grab and warm up without me. For lunches I picked things that I know CJ or Zachary should be able to handle. Tuesday nights dinner will be prepared today (it just happens to taste better the next day anyway). Wednesday and Thursday's dinners are in the freezer, with Friday being an easy dinner. So here's to the week!!!

Breakfast---no particular order
Cereal, muffins (freezer), French toast (freezer), Pancakes (freezer), LaMuffin's, Banana Bread (will make today), and Saturdays are OYO (Own Your Own)

Lunch--again, no particular order
Mac & Cheese (Zachary is a pro at making), grill cheese, L.O. Soup (L.O. stands for left over), Turkey sandwiches, OYO, and Thursday is co-op day--probably Subway sandwiches (I know, in no, way-shape or form organic).

Dinners--
Monday--Taco's (This is usually on Taco Tuesday, but since the surgery is tomorrow and I wanted to have it this week will have it on Monday and call it......Manic Monday : ) I do have names for the other days of the week we have tacos.

Tuesday--Portuguese Soup

Wednesday--Chicken Pot Pie already in the freezer and ready to go.

Thursday--Chicken and Beans over Rice. This is also in the freezer. All I will have to do is make the rice.

Friday--Pasta of some sort.

Saturday--Pizza

Sunday--Roasted Chicken

Head on over to I'm an Organizing Junkie for more Monday Menu Plans.

1 comment:

Sonshine said...

Praying that all goes well tomorrow!

Your menu looks yummy! :) Great job with doing all your planning ahead for your busy/unsure week. :)