WOW, 17 years!!!! It is mind blowing. Where has the time gone. Sometimes I look around and I can't believe this is my life. I am the grown-up. I am Mom. I am Mrs. ___ (which I still get a kick out hearing). I not only have 5 children but one of them is 15. How did that happen (that is rhetorical of course ; ) It's just sometimes I feel like it was a blink of the eye and I was that girl in the picture above.
17 years brings thoughts, feelings, expectations and what is really important into focus. Here are some things I have learned over the hears:
1. Love is not a feeling but a decision you make on a daily basis to put someone else's needs above your own. (I hate when I hear people say "I love him, but I am not in love with him". What?)
2. Even the most expensive material possessions cannot compare to being held by Chris when being told we lost a pregnancy.
3. "I'm sorry" goes a long way.
4. A shatterproof ketchup bottle WILL break if thrown across a room.
5. Because of #4, I have learned never to throw anything again (or at least have better aim---kidding, of course I am kidding).
6. A bread machine is a great anniversary present.
I love it!!! Funny thing is, if he gave this to me for our, say 4th anniversary I would have probably cried.There is no one else in this world that I would rather go through the bad times with. Good times are easy. It is the bad ones that bring out the true character of a person.
7. A house is just a place to hold your possessions. A home is the love of your family, no matter what the address says on the door.
I love you Chris. Happy Anniversary!!!!!