Friday, December 19, 2008

SSHHH---Mom's Christmas Gift

I finally finished my Mom's Christmas gift early Thursday morning (around 1 a.m.). If it wasn't for my friend Pam and her daughter JoHannah I would never had been able to finish it. This is only the second quilt I have made. Besides doing home-ec in jr. high this is the extent of my sewing experience. I remembered how to do the inside part from the last one but I didn't know how to put it together from there. Pam opened up her home to me Wednesday and I went over kid free. Not only did they bless me by giving me the chance to do this, they invited me for dinner and Pam's 3 daughters wrapped ALL my Christmas presents!!!!! What a family!! Here's the finished quilt. I hope my Mom is going to like it. She knows I was making one. In fact, I did some sewing in front of her. BUT, she thinks I was making it for my mother-in-law. She has not seen the finished product.

And if that wasn't enough, JoHannah blessed me with a basket full of goodies as thank you for teaching her chemistry class.

I love gifts like this. A gift from the heart.

No comments: