Friday, December 19, 2008

Chocolate Truffle

All week I have been following a great blog series by 5 woman. They are doing a Bloggy Progressive Dinner. Each day they took turns being the host. First day was Drinks, 2nd day appetizers, 3rd salads, 4th main course and today is desserts. I have come across some wonderful recipes through this. I thought I would join in today with a dessert. My sister gave me this recipe. Many years she would bring to my house for Christmas. It was so good that I had to know how to do it myself.

Chocolate Truffle

1 Chocolate cake mix--prepare according to directions
2 instant chocolate puddings--prepare according to directions
1 tub of cool-whip
1 package of Heath Bar Crumble (you find it in the baking aisle with the chocolate chips)
1 truffle bowl

After you make the pudding and cake it is a matter of layering in the truffle bowl. I make the cake in a 13x9 pan. I cut it into many squares. It is easier to put it in the truffle bowl that way. Start with the cake. Put a down a layer down in the truffle bowl. Top it with some pudding. Next add some cool whip and then top with the Heath Bar Crumble. Then do it all over again to make another layer of all the ingredients. Put it in the fridge until you are read to serve. Enjoy!!

Head on over to The Happy Housewife for more delicious desserts. She also has a give away (that I hope I win because I could really use it).

4 comments:

Lynn said...

This looks really good. Thanks for sharing.

The Happy Housewife said...

I have never heard of a chocolate truffle before! Sounds good!
Toni
http://thehappyhousewife.com

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I love these! They are so good and so easy to make!

Amy @ Finer Things said...

Chocolate cake... chocolate pudding... chocolate heath bar... my husband would LOVE this!