Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday Meanderings



I haven't done this in a couple of weeks and I have to tell you....the difference in the way my house ran was noticeable. I made it a point to get back on track with it this week.

Bible:
Proverbs 8-14. One a day.

Must do:
Stay on track (and keeping track) with finances.
Thank you cards from Emily's birthday.

Zone:
Laundry. It just seems out of control right now. I can name multiply rooms that have clean laundry in them either waiting to be folded or be put away. I plan on putting all the baskets in one room (which will make my room look great) and having a folding party!!! : )

Character Training/ Homeschool:
Laziness and work ethic. I have had some children, when asked to do chores, straight out tell me "I hate doing work".....LIKE I ENJOY IT! I will be working on doing the job RIGHT the first time, doing it without complaining "As unto the Lord", with no crying or talking back.

Last week we started back up to school after having over a month off...it was tough but we got stuff done. This week I want to kick it up a notch and get MFW done atleast 3 days.

Menu:

Monday: Portuguese Chicken with potatoes and carrots in the crockpot

Tuesday: Taco Tuesday! Tacos, Rice and Veggies

Wednesday: Hot Chicken with Rice and corn

Thursday: Meatloaf (I saw a recipe for turkey meatloaf on Food Network. Going to try to sneak this one past the family) potatoes, green beans

Friday: It's our Wedding Anniversary (16 years!!!). It will be a surprise for dinner. Not sure if we will go out just the two of us or get take out (like Chinese) for all of us.

Saturday: Chicken Bowl with corn

Sunday: Chicken casserole (by request from my sister-in-law Liza) with egg noodles

Prayer Request:
Chris' cousin Stephanie just lost her husband (she is only 35) to murder on Sunday morning. They own a bar in Florida and Saturday night her husband, Rick, got into a fight with a patron. The patron had to go to the hospital for stitches and while there he called his 17 y.o. daughter to tell her what happened. Well she, along with another girl (19 y.o.) and 3 boys (17, 19 and 21) decided to take care of the situation themselves. The girls stayed in the car and the boys went and beat Rick. Stephanie came home about 4 a.m. and found him. It is a very sad situation all around. For all the families involved---from Stephanie to Rick's family all the way to the kids and their families that now all have their lives changed forever.

It made me last night thank the Lord for my salvation. I know if something happened to me or my husband we would be with the Lord.

Have a great week,
Toodles,
Judy

5 comments:

Trina said...

Happy Wedding Anniversary my friend! Have you ever tried Dave Ramsey finical peace? It is wonderful and has been a blessing to our family. May God bless you in all that you do today.

Your friend,
Trina

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful week!
Karen
www.homeschoolblogger.com/salt
www.homesteadblogger.com/tagblog

Angela said...

Hope you have an awesome week and get lots accomplished!!! :-)

Angela

www.homeschoolblogger.com/thomasjaz1999

PS I will be praying with you for Stephanie and both families that have been affected by this tragedy.

Angela said...

Its nice to know I'm not alone on the laundry. Im so sorry to hear about your husbands family. I will pray for all involved. I can't thank you enough for all your prayers and comments, they mean so much to me. Have a great week!

Angela

Laura said...

Golly, I love this post! How inspiring!! Have a lovely week!