Monday, January 28, 2008

I'm here!

It had been a few days since I posted and I don't like to let too much time go by. I have been trying to cut down my computer time some (I really needed to). I notice it does make a big difference in my homeschool day. I can get so distracted with the computer and phone. I did read something over the weekend. On the blog the person was talking about how they school from 9-1 and she doesn't let anything interrupt that time because it is important that her kids know that they and school are a priority during that time (I honestly can't remember which blog I read it on, because I would like to give that person their due credit). WOW!!! Isn't that true. I know all to well that my kids take their lead with homeschooling from me. This is something that God really brought to light with me last year (He is still working on me). How can I expect the kids to take homeschooling seriously and see how important it is if they see ME put it at the bottom of my list. It is not a good example to them if they are trying to get help for a math problem and mommy is too busy on the computer or phone. So I am trying.

I have been praying for some very special people from some of my favorite blogs. I would love for you to pop on over to their blogs and give them some encouragement.

Heather--- http://www.especiallyheather.com/ She had a cancerous brain tumor removed in May. She cycles her chemo (pill form) about every 4 weeks. She is very real in her struggles and inspiring too.

Karen----- http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/SALT She is close to delivering her precious baby girl. She needs prayer that the baby will be born healthy and safe. Go on over to her blog and read her story. She has some anxiety nearing the end of her pregnancy. She is set to be induced Feb. 5th. She goes for an ultrasound on Thursday and she said if they have any concerns they will induce then.

Kate------ http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/ourquiverfull/ She is set to delivery tomorrow!!! This is her 8th child (isn't that fantastic!) I have been praying constantly for her little boy, Noah (I believe he is not quite 2). He has mitochondrial disease and with it it brings alot of medical problems (and inpatient stays to the hospital). He had a tough week. But today's post said he is "happy, goofy and silly." You have to go over to this blog and see how adorable he is. Kate posted some pictures from this last admission. As sick as she was telling us he was---some of the pictures cracked me up.

These are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. If I forgot someone I appologize. Feel free to leave me any prayer requests you may have and I will be sure to put it in my prayer journal.

I am off to bed now. I will take prayers too! I have fibromyalgia and it can play havoc with my sleep. There are times I wake up just as tired in the morning as when I went to bed. Thanks,

Toodles,
Judy

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Hi Judy,
Thanks for stopping by my blog a while back! I enjoyed reading a couple of your posts- love your adoption story of Emily Grace! :)

I was looking at your profile and wow, do we have a lot in common! :)
Homeschooling, 5 children, married high school sweethearts (us in '93), RN turned SAHM... :) Thought that was neat.

Love, ALyssa
www.homeschoolblogger.com/crazybusy