Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Girl's Night Out!

Yippy!! It's girls' night out! All I can say is "it's about time!" LoL. No seriously, I am very excited to be going out. Can you guess who I am going with? Wendy of course! We use to go out once a month for a girls night but she had a baby a 14 months ago and then I got Emily in June...life just got VERY busy. But we made it a point to make time for this (actually, she is very funny. One day over the weekend she called me and asked me my availability this week at night. She said she was asking me out on a date.) Most of the time when we make these nights it is just the two of us (it can get complicated to get too many people to get their schedules all lined up, where do we then go, who's driving...ect., ect.) We go for dinner and then do something else (ex. shopping, movies, stuff like that). No pressure. Just a night out. Tonight we are planning on going for Tai food and then go and see the movie Juno---I'll let you know what I think about the movie tomorrow.

School is going better. This is our 3rd week back after taking such a long break. Every week is getting better and there are areas that I know I can work on myself. Atleast I can say that we have been getting through the 3 R's daily and a couple of times I have been able to do some reading for history. I think I know what we are laking though....we are lacking F-U-N! I read a post today on Sprittibee and it reminded me of 3 things.
1. Flexibility!! One of the reasons I home school.
2. It is NORMAL to homeschool past lunchtime. I have this awful nagging feeling that my day is blown if I don't get it ALL done before lunch. I think I am setting myself up for failure that way (especially since I have to occupy a 1 y.o. until she takes her nap at 10 a.m.)
3. FUN!! LAUGHTER!! I think we are in desperate need of that around here. I spend so much time working on getting the 3 R's done that I forget about FUN!

I would LOVE to hear what others do for curriculum that is fun (and easy too)! Please leave a comment and let me know.

Well I am off to go and get beautiful. Check out Sprittibee's blog at http://sbees.blogspot.com/ . Sorry I haven't figured out how to link things yet so all you have to do is click on it and it brings you there. If anyone wants to share with me how to do that..please SHARE!

Toodles,
Judy

3 comments:

Monique said...

Enjoyed your wedding photos! I followed you here from Noah's.
My close friend married right out of high school, has been married a little longer than you, and also has homemade and handpicked children!

A fun thing we do...Friday is min. math/phonics...then it's school games and projects. For lunch we do finger food and a picnic in front of a science or history video!
jewell

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to stop by and say thank you for keeping me and my baby in your prayers. It means a lot. I also thank you for how you continually stop by my blog to check up on me and the baby. It means so much to know there are people out here in bloggyland that care and are praying. What a neat thing it is to see comments from those who keep stopping by to check up on me and the baby. Thanks so much!

And homeschooling in the afternoon? Our general routine (up until now that is) has been for the children to do their "on their own" work in the morning time and then whatever work I did with them we would do in the afternoon. One of the wonderful things about homeschooling is being able to have the flexibility to do school when we want to. Families are different. What works for one family may not work for another. Homeschooling allows us to fit our schedules to what works with our own families.

Take care and I hope you enjoyed your girls night out!
Karen
www.homeschoolblogger.com/salt
www.homesteadblogger.com/tagblog

Sprittibee said...

Thanks for the hat tip...

Here's the answer to your question and a free lesson in HTML:

Please replace [ and ] with < and > or the code will not work!

Here's how to link:

[a href="http://sbees.blogspot.com"]Sprittibee's Blog[/a]

The http://sbees.blogspot.com is MY URL. You can use ANY URL there.

The Sprittibee's Blog is the TITLE of what you are linking - in this case, my blog.

You can also use random TEXT there as well... such as in this paragraph...

I really love the music and design on this site. French Kitty cats are great, but some of their products are rather "adult" in nature. Too bad those kitties are soooo cute! I'm a kitty-cat lover.

Notice how I used this as my link title? That's ok, but not very descriptive. It would have been better if I had put the link around "French Kitty" instead. Be specific with your links and you'll get more follow-through on them.

Is that as clear as mud? Good luck linking!