Saturday, January 5, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things

Happy Blogoversary to Tiany at Less of Me--More of Him! She has been blogging for 2 years now. This is one of my favorite blogs to check in on daily. To celebrate her blogoversary she is do a contest---can you believe it! She is GIVING something away in celebration. She put together a basket FULL of her favorite things. To enter, go to her blog http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Tiany/ . From there, she will tell you the rules to enter. Basically, you list on your blog YOUR favorite things, post it on your blog with a link back to her. It's that simple!!

So a few of my favorite things (whenever I say that I think of Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music):

1. Chocolate! I LOVE chocolate. I need to have some form of it daily. I don't go for the expensive stuff either. Give me a a bag of Hershey Kisses and I am good to go.
2. My Computer. I rather be on my comptuer than watch t.v.. I love to read other blogs, research homeschool things and email.
3. Blistex. I have to have this. My lips have been chapped for as long as I can remember. I usually have a few throughout the house, one in my sweatshirt or pocket of my pants and Chris hides a few. I have a terrible habit of putting them down and not remembering where I put them.
4. Lisa Whelchel books. Anything she rights. I have almost ALL her stuff. I find her very down to earth and real with issues she has faced. Her books are very encourging and easy reading (which, lets face it...with 5 kids I need that sometimes).
5. CBD. I love to order things through them. I live in Massachusetts and CBD is located in Peabody. Whenever I order, if I do it before noon and chose UPS delivery I ALWAYS get it the next day. I LOVE that!

Those are all materialist Favorite things. Then I have favorite things that you can't buy..which mean more to me:
1. I love when Emily wakes up in the morning and I go into her room and she is sitting up with this HUGE smile! It is the best! It is like she is saying "I missed you all night, I am so glad you are here."
2. Kisses from my kids. I have never counted how many kisses I actually get in a day...but it is alot! Even my 14 y.o. son comes over every once in a while and gives me peck on the forehead or check. There are times when Zachary gets up before I do and I can feel his soft little lips kiss my nose while I am sleeping.
3. "I love you" notes left by my hubby.
4. When it is cold or rainy outside and I have no place to go. I can stay in my sweats and just snuggle up.

Toodles,
Judy

No comments: