Sunday, April 19, 2009

History----- Help!!!!!!!

Okay, I am going to throw this out there----just promise not to throw tomatoes at the screen. I DON'T LIKE HISTORY. {duck} So I said it out loud. I know most are shocked because homeschoolers thrive on history. Believe it or not I got an "A" in high school but remember very little about it. Don't believe me. How about I didn't know that Marco Polo or Pocahontas were real people until a few years ago. I know whole curriculums have be made revolving around history. Me, I try to avoid it as much as possible. In fact, I can probably count on one hand how many times I have done history with my middle three this year.

Hubby on the other hand, LOVES history. Like I am talking about he will put on the history channel just for fun. The first 3 years we homeschooled he was in charge of teaching it to CJ. As Zachary and the other kids came along and life got more busy, I took over. This unfortunately meant that CJ did history (Abeka) on his own and the younger ones hardly get any.

I do try. I start with Leif the Lucky and move forward. However, each year we stop around the Pilgrims and the following year we start all over again with Leif. I have to tell you, I am sick of reading about Leif and Columbus.

So this is where I am hoping that someone out there can help. I know there has to be others that don't find history enjoyable but they found a curriculum they like. I am looking for suggestions. got any??

No comments: