Sunday, April 12, 2009

16 Weeks!!

Yesterday made 16 weeks. While at my niece's wedding reception I had my honey snap a photo. Up to this point I have been hiding from the camera.

I have been a having a huge self-esteem issue with the pregnancy. My other two pregnancies I didn't. I have been trying to figure out why this time around is different. I've come up with a few reasons why, the biggest being my weight. With CJ I was about 20 pounds less than when I started this time. With Zachary, I weighed the same thing. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out why then it is bothering me so. I think I got it.

Maybe you can relate, so here goes...........I hear so many people talk about how they could where "regular clothes" until they were like 6 months pregnant when at 3 months I no longer fit into any of my clothes. Or people talk about how they only gained 10 pounds. It makes me feel like a moo-moo cow. Can anyone relate? Why do we, even during pregnancy, do we make each other feel like this (or allow ourselves to)?

To my surprise, both the mid-wife I saw last month and my regular NP I saw 2 weeks ago actually WANT me to gain weight. Both have said to aim for the pound a week goal. This SHOCKED me!! I figured this would be too much with my starting weight and they both said they are more concerned with a healthy baby then my number. I have to tell you, it was been tough watching the numbers go up at the beginning of this month. I was weighing myself every day and getting upset to see the scale change 0.2 pounds. About a week and a half ago I decided (with my hubby's persuasion) to stop weighing myself so much. I am aiming for once or twice a week and that is it.

I have my OB appointment on Wednesday so I will let you know how that goes.

No comments: