Monday, September 1, 2008

September 1st---Already.

Today is September 1st and we are NOT starting school today. It's official. We WILL be starting next week on Monday September 8th. I feel like all-of-a-sudden the summer just got away from me. August was a super-fast month. I had so much planned to do around here--wash walls, windows and rugs, organize school room (again), lesson plans, clean out closets, and go through each room (all 13 of them!!). Big list. You know what has been completed---NONE! ZIPPO! ZIP! Saturday I was feeling the stress of trying to get something crossed off my list. It just wasn't happening. Emily had been sick for 2 days with a low grade fever, runny nose and I was up with her alot Friday night into Saturday morning. I don't know what I was thinking...Oh wait, yes I do. I was thinking it was a Saturday, I didn't have to go out anywhere and I would get tons done. Instead I spent Emily's waking hours holding here and her sleeping ours trying to get stuff accomplished. What I should have done was take a nap. Finally around 5:30-6 that night my horns (which I tried to hide all day) were in full view. I was full of the the "poor me's" and I was ready to blow. So you know what I did? I gave myself a time out! I sent myself to my room for the night. It was the best thing I could have done at that time. It stopped me from saying a bunch of things out of tiredness and fustration and it gave me a time to cool down, reflect and regroup.

Yesterday I came to the conclusion that at this point I need to re-evaluate what is the most important things to get done before school starts to make it a smooth year. 1st would be the school room, followed by lesson plans. The kitchen is actually almost done. The only thing left in there is to wash the window and then paint. Maybe I could get that done by next weekend. The boys room is almost done too. I went through ALL their toys (BTW--I have already started telling people not to even think of bringing a toy in this house for Christmas). I got rid of 2 trash bags full of broken stuff! So I would like to finish the boys room this week. The "land of the lost" needs to be done this week too (that would be my room). As far as the rugs go. I am thinking November, right before birthdays and holidays begin, would be a better time to do them.

I am looking forward to school starting back up. It brings routine to our lives. I like the cool-down of fall. Jeans and sweater kind of weather, where the mornings are crisp and a bowl of soup warms you up at night. Next week I will begin Monday Meandering again. I found this to be a great help to organize my week.

No comments: