Monday, September 29, 2008

Surprise : )

Don't you just love surprises! Last week I was having an awful day. Which seems to be happening alot lately. I just haven't been able to get into the homeschool grove yet this year. Anyway, my oldest son had an away football game. To give me a break my husband decided to take our two other boys to it while I stayed home with the two girls. This was a nice break. I did enjoy spending some time with just the girls. When Chris and the boys came home I was outside going for a walk with the girls. They were so happy to see their daddy (and so was I). Chris told me he needed to talk to me about something that was wrong in his car. He had me sit in the driver seat. Well, there was nothing wrong with his car...instead there was a bag from the UGG store! He went and bought me a pair of UGGS (they are boots from Australia). I couldn't believe it! The past 2 winters I have said I wanted to get a pair. But each time I finally decide to get them they were sold out until spring (yes, always a 4-5 month back-order). I mentioned wanting to get them this year before winter. I have Raynaud's syndrome and thought they would help with keeping my feet warm (I already wear special socks because of it). Hubby knows me well enough to know that I probably wouldn't have gone out and spent that kind of money on myself. I would have had an anxiety attack all the way to the register. I still felt guilty after getting them. I can think of a ton of things to do with the money instead of spend it on me. I do love them. And since what is done is done I am going to enjoy them. What a surprise : )

No comments: