Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It's Been a Tough Week

It has been over a week since I posted. Last week was a horrible-horrible week. Do any of you have one child that just brings you to your knees? Well I do. Sometimes I just don't understand what it will take to get through to them. We have been reading "Wisdom and the Millers" lately and it is all about the book of Proverbs but brought down to a kids level. Some real truths coming through this book, piercing that child's heart. I would like to say that I have handled it all in a way that was glorifying to God, but to be honest, I had a total meltdown myself last week on Monday and still had a bad attitude on Tuesday towards this child. Wednesday night the buttons were pushed again. THIS TIME though was different. I sent them up there room and I got to work finding scripture verses for them. I then said a quick prayer going up the stairs to prepare my heart. I talked to them about the Bible, asking if they knew who wrote it. I explained that men God had picked out wrote what He wanted them to. It is a book that can not be changed and as Christians we live our life according to this book....the WHOLE book. We can not pick and chose what we want to follow. I then helped them open up the bible to the scriptures I had picked out and had them read them. After doing about 3 scripture this child looked at me with amazement. I asked what they were thinking and I was told "I didn't realize that was all in there". Could this be the turning point I have been praying for? The rest of the week was better with this child.

My Mom has been spending ALOT of time over lately. I love my Mom dearly, I am thankful for her because she does do alot to help us (like babysit), BUT I do need some space. For some reason, when my Mom (or anyone else for that matter) is over the kids tend to think all the rules, chores and schedule are just thrown right out the window. It can be hard to reign them back in. So even though today is my Mom's birthday and I know she wanted to stay over again last night through tomorrow I had her go home with my sister last night after the cookout (BTW--just so you don't think I am totally mean, in the last 11 days she has been here 9). I have to get things back on track. Unforutunetly, I am afraid that Mom will see this as a sign of rejection. IT'S NOT!! REALLY IT'S NOT!!! My sister and I are taking her out for dinner tonight. Hopefully that will make up for it.

I do have a lot to blog about from the time I took off. I went on a "Surprise Date" for my birthday. Co-op has ended for the year. CJ had his last baseball game for the town's high school team that he plays for. We had a cookout to celebrate that along with 2 families. We had a cookout yesterday with family. We started baseball season for the town's recreational baseball for both Zachary and CJ---BTW, CJ hit an out-of-the-park Home-Run in that game (Go CJ!!).

Have a great day!!

2 comments:

The Happy Housewife said...

I agree with you about needing space. My mom lived with us for 3 months when I had my back surgery 2 years ago. While is was a blessing, the kids did not act the same when she was around.
Hope you have a great weekend.
Toni
http://thehappyhousewife.com
PS- I'll let you in on a little secret, the 3 Moms series will not completly end, we have something new up our sleeve!

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

I've found that even though the circumstances might not change the way I'd like, it definitely helps when I handle it appropriately. It sounds like God helped you do exactly that. I know that it can be tough - I've been through this so often (still in the midst). But I also know that God is faithful and mighty. He can strengthen us, He will always be there for us, and when we seek Him, He'll provide the direction and help that we need.

"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Phil 4:19

Blessings,
Dianne :D
Bunny Trails