Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Not a Happy Camper

I got back from the cardiologist a few hours ago. Boy, I am not a happy camper. Basically he told me there is no magic pill he can give me. He could give me something to slow my heart rate but he doesn't really like giving pregnant woman medication.

I explained to him that this happened with my last pregnancy 10 years ago and I was put a on a monitor and medication. Still, nothing. All I got from him was he will run a few tests and see me back in 2 weeks. He said having a rapid heart rate (about 106 at rest), palpitations, shortness of breath and dizziness won't hurt me and since I haven't passed out lets just wait. He then said it is just part of my pregnancy, this is how my body responds to the hormones and stuff. I asked him what I should do then....you ready for this........"just take it easy".

I just got off the phone with one of the midwives at my OB office. She said they can not prescribe cardiac meds, that is why they sent me to a cardiologist. She is going to run it by the doctor. I told her the name of the cardiologist I saw 10 years ago that took a more aggressive approach. Her office is going to set up an appointment with him. I have no idea how long that is going to take.

At this point, all I want to do is cry. I feel like no one is listening or cares very much. I guess until I pass out everything is alright in their eyes.

Please pray. I am very discouraged at this point. I have wanted to be pregnant for so long. I feel like every place I turn something is trying to rob my joy. Out of 14 1/2 weeks since I found out I was pregnant (I found out at 5 weeks) I would say I have had a good 2 weeks. It is very tough to spend 12 weeks not feeling good. And who knows how much longer I won't be feeling good. All I know is I can't imagine feeling like this until September, then have a c-section and recover from that. So what, I can look forward to October : (

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We'll keep you in our prayers and thoughts.