Sunday, July 13, 2008

Weeding through!

For the last two weeks I have been weeding through my schoolroom. WHAT A MESS!!! It is now under control. I have stacks of books still, but they are neatly placed either in the closet or on a table. Our goal is to put shelving in the closet (at this point there is none) sometime next month. Believe it or not I STILL don't have a complete plan for curriculum start in September. This is what I have so far:

CJ:
~Teaching Textbooks Algebra 2
~Abeka History (haven't decided yet between World or American this year)
~Apologia Chemistry--he will taking this as a class at co-op that I will be teaching.
~Honors English 2--again another co-op class
~? Public speaking--leaning towards taking this at co-op. I just have to figure out if it is going to interfere too much with sports (he plays for the local high school team).
I still have to pick out some electives. I would like for him to start Spanish this year. He needs at least 2 years of this.

Zachary:
~Math U See---After trying 2 other math programs I am going back to what Zachary thrives with.
~Handwriting Without Tears-Cursive
~co-op classes
I haven't gotten much further than that for him.

Jessica:
~Explode the Code
~A Reason for Handwriting
~? co-op classes. Last year I had to pull her out of classes because of the attitude she would have at home towards her family after being there.

Alex:
~Explode the Code
~A Reason for Handwriting
~Hooked on Phonics
~co-op classes.

As you can see I still have a lot of work ahead of me. I have books to look at over the next couple of weeks. I hope to order then last of my stuff by early August. On a good note, I have been selling stuff on Ebay. Between Ebay and a used curriculum sale I participated in I have made around $200 already!!! That sure is better than everything sitting here collecting dust.

Starting tonight (or first thing tomorrow morning) you can catch me over at Happy to be @ Home guest blogging about my adventures in the kitchen this week.

No comments: