Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Much Better

Thank you to all who kept me in prayer this week. Sunday and Monday I was at a very sad place. I wasn't happy and felt like a failure in all that I was doing. I basically took Monday off as a "vacation day". After I put Emily down for a nap on Monday morning I went and layed down myself. CJ is old enough that he could handle his siblings for a few hours. I woke up in time for Chris to get home from work (which is 1 p.m.) and was feeling a little better. I left ALL decisions up to Chris that day...and I do mean all. Whenever the kids asked me a question I would simply tell them to ask their dad because I was having a day off. It felt good not to have to "think" for the day. Early Intervention came for Emily and Chris did it with her. During this time I ran out for a few errands---kid free. While driving I used some of the time to reflect on what was going on, how I was feeling and praying. Just being gone for that 1 1/2 hours made such a difference. By the time I came home I didn't feel the weight of the world on me any longer. Since I didn't have my menu or grocery list ready I didn't go shopping. I still had plenty of stuff in the cupboards to throw together chicken Parmesan for dinner.

Tuesday was a new day. I felt productive. I spent the morning making my menu, grocery list, doing laundry and a some work in the schoolroom. Once Emily was down for a nap I showered and headed out to grocery shopping. I went to Wal-mart, BJ's Warehouse and Stop & Shop. With index cards in hand I was able to be done in about 2 1/2 hours. I am getting better : )
When I got home from shopping I wasn't feeling too well. The heat plays havoc on me. Not only that but I don't think I ate or drank enough. By the time I came home I had a headache, my head felt funny, like the room was spinning, nasuated, and tired. I went up to my room and layed on the bed, letting the air conditioner cool me down. Once I got food in me I felt much better. Wendy came over to use my computer to list some curriculum on Ebay. I ended up falling asleep on the couch while she was doing it (in my defense it was 10:30 p.m.).

Today was a good day. Chris had today off so he made breakfast. After breakfast, CJ, Zachary and I head out. One of the local grocery stores and Staples are both having a sale that ended today. You have to see all that I got...I was very proud of myself.

At the market I got:
~English Muffins (6 count) for 4 for $1---limit 8 so I brought the boys who each bought 8==total 24 packages for $6
~3 Boxes of Cereal each for $1.49= total $4.47
~Bananas were 29 cents a pound. I bought 6.19 pounds for a total= $1.80
~Cantaloupe $1.99
~Ketchup $0.99
~the big splurge item was a New York sirloin for hubby. It was on sale for $2.99 a pound. Total for steak was $4.31 (it is big enough he will share some with CJ).

Total=$ 19.56


I went to CVS to get spices. Unfortunately they were not on sale (but I needed them).
~5 spices + vanilla each for $0.99. I did get a $1 extra care buck back.

Total $ 5.94

I then headed over to Staples. Since I belong to HSLDA they send me a teacher ID card every year (it is actual their membership card). If you show Staples your teacher ID, instead of the maximum quantity on sale items, you can get 25 of everything. YAHOO!!! Again, I used the boys.
CJ got:
~10 folders for 1 cent each. Total= $0.10
~2 packages of pencils 8 count again for 1 cent each= Total $0.02

Zachary got:
~2 packages of pencils. Total= $0.02

I got:
~25 folders. Total $0.25
~25 packages of pencils. Total $0.25
~10 Purell hand cleaner. Total $0.10
~12 count of pens. Total $0.99

Total $ 1.81

My total for the day was $27.31. I am not sure exactly how much the cereal, ketchup and steak would go for...I just know it is more. I do know that at Staples I saved $29.95 and on the English muffins, bananas and cantaloupe alone I saved $ 25.72. Those 2 totals together comes to a whopping $55.67!!!! Now that puts a smile on my face!!

My niece came over and spent the afternoon with the kids. We all enjoy her coming over and wish she would more often. I made a new recipe tonight, Wet Burritos. YUMMY!!!! I got the recipe from Happy To Be At Home. Speaking of that website (which you can get to from my sidebar) I am going to be a guest blogger all next week. I am opening my kitchen and sharing meals, shopping, and menu planning. I hope you will check it out!! : )

No comments: