Monday, November 16, 2009

Menu Monday---November 16th


I tried to plan this weeks menu from the food we already had on hand. I didn't want to spend alot of money on food this week. I was pleasantly surprised to see that most of our meals could be done and we actually only needed a few ingredients for the rest.

I started my menu on Friday's since that is the day I go (or try to go) grocery shopping. I would like to eventually change this to a Tuesday afternoon or a Wednesday. It just hasn't happened yet.

Friday
B--Cereal
L--Left-over Chicken Chili with rice
D--Chicken Pot Pie (from the freezer)

Saturday
B--Pancakes (I made a triple batch and froze a huge amount)
L--Cheese and Crackers with Apples
D--Pizza Night (I did order this out. I have tried 3 times now to make homemade and it just doesn't taste the same to me.)

Sunday --- Jessica's Birthday ---- Menu picked out by her
B--French Toast (made extra and put it in the freezer)
L--Fruit and snacks
D--Tacos (hamburg and chicken) with Rice, veggies

Monday
B--Banana Bread (made 2 yesterday, 1 went in the freezer)
L--L.O. (left over) Tacos and Rice
D--Portuguese Soup and homemade bread

Tuesday
B--Muffins (I made them over the weekend and put them in the freezer)
L--L.O. Portuguese Soup
D--Lasagna (from the freezer)

Wednesday
B--LaMuffins
L--L.O. Lasagna
D--BBQ chicken, Rice and Corn

Thursday
B--Oatmeal
L--BLTs and Mac and Cheese
D--Chicken Stir-Fry

The only food I bought this week:
Taco Dinner Mixes x 2
Taco Cheese
Tomato
Grapes
1 box mac and cheese
ice cream (to with Jessica's birthday cake I made)
soda
butterscotch tips (planning on making cookies today)
bottled water
chips
vanilla
Nicholas' formula
milk
1 juice

I think that is it. Not bad for a family of 8!! I still could have went without a few of those things.

Head on over to I'm an Organizing Junkie for more Monday Menu Plans.

No comments: