Thursday, February 5, 2009

13 Reactions to My Pregnancy Announcement


When you already have 5 children you definitely get a mixed bag of reactions when you tell people that you adding to the family. These are 13 of the different reactions I have gotten when telling people.

Me: We just found out number #6 is on the way!
Them:
1. Laugh
2. Dead-Silence for a good 10 seconds (both my parents gave this response separately.)
3. "Sounds like it is time for your hubby to join the V-club" (vasectomy club).
4. "Will you be able to handle ALL those kids?"
5. Hug (with a huge smile attached)
6. "Very Good" (Dad. He called me back the next day to tell me this.)
7. "Where is this one coming from?" To which I respond "My Belly : )
8. "Are you serious?" With kind of a bewildered/disgusted look.
9. "What a blessing"
10. "Hey maybe you'll have triples and then 8 will be enough"
11. "WOW!"
12. Excitement---my sister was so loud at work that people in her office told her to tell me congratulations.
13. "What does you husband think?" This one always makes me laugh. I don't know if they realize this but he had something to do with it ; )

What about you? What kind of reaction have you gotten?

Head on over to Happy to be Home to view other 3 Mom's Thursday Thirteen.

1 comment:

Amy :) said...

I love that "Where is this one coming from?" response! Totally fitting, since yours haven't all come from your belly. :)

It's been a while since we made any announcements of that sort, so I can't remember any terribly interesting responses.

Anyway, congrats! I am really excited for you!!

Amy :)