Friday, October 2, 2009

Getting Back......

Hello All!
Just wanted to let everyone know that I am here! : )

It has been a time of adjustment around here......mostly on my part. I started out breastfeeding Nicholas. After 11 days I had to start giving him the bottle. It was a heart wrenching decision that I did NOT take lightly but it had to be done. I will some day give more details about it but not right now (still too painful). All I will say is it was an internal battle that I was fighting.

I summarized it this way to my husband.....I feel like the post-partum period is a cruel joke. You wait 9 months--you dream, you plan and are excited beyond belief. Then you have the baby. Then you are sleep deprived and hormones kick in. Dreams get scattered, plans get thrown out the window and you look at this brand new little one who depends on you.....and you wonder what you are suppose to do next.

I am feeling much better now. I am actually feeling comfortable now in my efforts. He is a beautiful gift, given to me from the Lord after many-many years of wanting to give birth one more time.

3 comments:

Amy :) said...

Welcome back, Judy! It's great to "see" you!!

Breastfeeding is great, but if it wasn't working for you, then it's best for Nicholas to have a happy Momma. And, just think... for 11 days he had all the benefits of your milk. A lot of babies don't get that... :)

I'm so glad for you that God blessed you & your family with another baby. Enjoy!!

Amy :)

Sonshine said...

Welcome Back, Judy!

Don't beat yourself up too much for still not breastfeeding! You can say that you tried and it just didn't work out.

Thanks for stopping by! Oh and you just had a baby so give yourself some slack in the baking food for the freezer dept. Get adjusted to having your new little one and then work back into the groove. :) It usually took me about 6-8 weeks to get back into the groove after a little one's arrival. :)

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling much better.