Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Quick Dr. Update--Week 24

Went to the doctor's today and saw the midwife.
Wt gain for the month---2 pounds. Total--12 pounds : )
BP---118/64. I was shocked! I thought for sure with all my stress it would be elevated.

Talking about stress, the midwife said I need to chill out. She agreed with Chris that all the stress I am under is not good. She said when Chris wants me to go up to my room and relax to just do it. She did mention how stress can cause pre-term labor. That was all I needed to hear.

So as selfish as I feel, I am going to put myself first. No correction, I am going to put baby Nicholas first. I will do what I need to do----or should I say---I will NOT be doing certain things, like trying to help everyone fix their problems. I am going to be the queen that I am, relax, and enjoy the rest of this pregnancy (even if it means not answering the phone for the next 15 weeks.)

On a happier note, she said Nicholas' heart rate sounded nice and strong and I was measuring good. I am going next week on Wednesday for the (dreaded) glucose tolerance test (yuck). My next appointment in July 6th.

No comments: